Wednesday, March 13, 2002

Hello, world.

This is it. This is the one. This is the blog that I'm going to keep up, stick in juicy links, rant to my heart's content.

I'm Martha and while I don't really know everything, I do love to tell people about cool stuff I love, and where they can find it.

My friend Peggy calls me "human hypertext."

Today I'd like to tell you about my friend Jessica, who has written an amazing book about the history of lipstick. Jessica and I used to work at Warner Brothers, where she helped grease the wheels of the mighty movie development world, and I read book after book after book, many of them, um, very bad, in hopes of finding One True Movie book. Along the way we talked about men, lipstick, apartments (Jessica had the moving gene). We lost touch. Then she wrote this book, which includes a psychoanalysis of the shape of your lipstick. Are you a blunt end, or a pointy end? Sloped on one side, or even? It is all so complex, yes?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home