Saturday, June 18, 2005

...because neatness is not enough...

I had a decluttering coach who said that you never kept things neat unless you had answered the question for yourself: “What am I making room for?” It wasn’t enough, she said, to just “be neat.” You had to be making space for a dream, a vision.

And while the cynical side of me wants to scoff, the dreamy side of me…has begun to pull it together. I didn’t start to lose weight until I replaced some of my not so hot habits with some better ones; now, I’m going to experiment with fixing up the apartment with a Tropical Vision in mind.




So that’s my idea: to declutter our very cluttery home by turning it into Key Largo, New Jersey; my husband and I are both big fans of the Florida Keys, and I never met a pink flamingo I didn’t want to buy. Wish me luck. I would love to hear from people who have managed to transform their clutterish habits into their versions of paradise….

2 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, Blogger Roy Naka said...

We had been blogging trying to find how our world sees dog training. It has been a lifeline for us. Your site provides some of the best examples of this sort and we will bookmark yours. Another one we found was and appears to be related to yours is dog training site/blog. It pretty much covers dog training related stuff.

 
At 1:43 AM, Blogger acoach2 said...

Great dog training blog! Keep up the great work. I have a web site on dog training, so I can relate. It pretty much covers all aspects ofdog training Stop by if you get some time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home