Monday, April 18, 2005

DOGGED FEMALE BLOGS

Dogged Blog is written by a witty woman who loves dogs and politics with an equal passion. And she led me to this dogged Amazon. And I felt the groovy girl power that the Internet can provide.

One of these days, I'll have to write a piece about dogs and politics and women, because in many many ways, I actually think having a dog has made more more politically sensitive, particularly since our dog hails, in part, from a breed (not really a breed, to be accurate) that's become a kind of notorious shorthand, even when they do good. No one ever says, "My divorce lawyer is a real collie." No one ever says, "Mayor Giuliani went at the Brooklyn Museum like a dachschund." Faith's breed (well, at least one of them--her other breed is Snoopy's) can become a kind of litmus test for people's feelings on class, culture, aggression, drug dealing, bad parenting, you name it. It makes me, to paraphrase the poet Breyten Breytenbach, Think About the Other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home