Thursday, April 28, 2005

THE GOOD LORD GAVE YOU HIPS; WHY DON'T YOU USE THEM?

Hey, I'm back in blogworld after a lengthy stay in "finishing my book world." I'm polishing my acknowledgements today, so if you feel like you would like to be acknowledged in a book about pet weight loss and exercise, send me an e-mail...and a hefty check.

And as I emerge from my fortress of book-itude, I find myself wanting to learn how to..salsa dance. I find myself listening to La Mega, thinking about Don Omar, who is singing my favorite song of the moment, "Pobre Diabla," a nifty "he done you wrong" song with a twist (Don Omar's even made it to mtv.com, via a Latin hero video).

I find myself thinking about John Curtis, one of my classmates on our University of Pittsburgh trip to Colombia in 1977. John, who once gave me a ring with a picture of Punxsutawney Phil the Groundhog on it, danced like a fiend, and loved to teach people how to do the same. But I defeated him. After one too many rum-soaked attempts to teach my Irish Catholic ass to cumbia--or maybe paso-doble-- John shouted out, "The good Lord gave you hips, why don't you use them?"

So in his honor (where are you, John? Did you settle in the Dominican Republic, or go back to Punxsutawney? Are you in New York and I will bump into you in a cafe, the way we used to in Manizales, Colombia?), I think I may finally honor his request.

7 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, Blogger Enlargement said...

Interesting blog you have here, I landed here on accident. I was searching for something else and came across your site. I found it pretty interesting and entertaining. I got you book marked.

I will pop back in from time to time to see what you have new here.

My site is a bit different than yours, but just as entertaining and educational, I run a six week total body makeover related site pertaining to six week total body makeover related articles.

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Smallman said...

Hey, I was searching blogs, and came onto yours, and I like it. I kinda landed here on accident while searching for something esle, but nice blog.. I got you bookmarked.

If you got time , go visit my site, it´s about 6week body makeover. It pretty much covers 6week body makeover and other similar topics available.

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Jack Naka said...

Hi, I was just blog surfing and found you! If you are interested, go see my 1980s fashion related site. It pretty much covers 1980s fashion stuff. I guess you may find something of interest.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Smallman said...

I skim a lot of blogs, and so far yours is in the Top 3 of my list of favorites. I'm going to dive in and try my hand at it, so wish me luck.

It'll be in a totally different area than yours (mine is about body makeover) I know, it sounds strange, but it's like anything, once you learn more about it, it's pretty cool. It's mostly about body makeover related articles and subjects.

 
At 2:20 AM, Blogger Tom Naka said...

Help! I am lost. I was searching for health houston insurance texas
and somehow ended up here. How that happened I don't know, however I do like your Blog a lot. Would you mind if I add your Blog to my favorites page so others can visit?

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Roy Naka said...

Your blog is excellent - keep it up! Don't miss visiting this site about cat and dog. It pretty much covers cat and dog related stuff.

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger unixlinux said...

Nice blog. Check out my pet cat blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home