Saturday, May 07, 2005

HOLLY GOLIGHTLY MUST DIE

Dear girl on a bike with no helmet plugged into an Ipod who backed into me yesterday on a Soho street:

Maybe you didn't mean to.

Except that you did it twice.

Maybe you think you're in your own favorite movie, probably "Breakfast at Tiffany's."

Except that film was a bogus, cheerfuled up version of a very sad book about odd people barely hanging on in an anxious New York whereas you, I suspect, are living in a comfy loft that your father bought because it was so close to your favorite stores.

Anyway, fortunately, I wasn't plugged into anything, so I was able to anticipate your oblivious bike maneuvers. And dodge you. And since you were plugged into something you were playing at a hideous volume, I was able to curse you with abandon. So maybe I got the better end of the deal.

Looking forward to your inevitable exodus to L.A., where the possibilities for utter obliviousness expand exponentially,

Madame Curmudgeonette

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home