Monday, July 22, 2002

I SING THE DRUGSTORE ELECTRIC

Okay, half of me is moody Celt, quick to spot the thing that's wrong. Suspicious. Disaster proofing even when there's no disaster.

Then there's the other part of me. The happy sprite. The self that wants to embrace and thank.

Here goes: I love the QuickChek in Hoboken. They have two nice, helpful pharmacists. They have these funky novena candles, with two bodacious versions of the Virgin Mary. They always have good music playing (selected, I think, by the employees). And now, I discover, they have great coffee. In a can. Cafe Ultima. It is to die for.

QuickChek likes to brag--in their window, on a billboard as you depart the wonders of Hoboken for Jersey City--that they brew fresh coffee every 20 minutes. So what, I used to think. Well, now I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home